Monday, February 20, 2012

Choosing To Magnify the Bigger Reality

Okay...so, while I could never compare myself to Job, I´m started to wonder how he might have felt.

As I write, my mouth is filled with sores and my lip is numb from multiple cold sores that started to show up yesterday afternoon. (I´m not sure if they are cold sores [viral] or canker sores [bacterial]. It seems that it would be best if they were bacterial because bacterial sores are not usually reocurring.) At any rate, at 6:30am when I could no longer sleep because of the throbbing in my bottom lip, the question that rolled around in my head was, "Where did this come from?" I think it´s the result of a combination of having a cold, being under great physcial stress from the delivery and the change in hormones from the medicine I was given.

Whatever the cause, the current state is that they hurt. What a silly thing to have to worry about at a time like this, right? This week will involve perseverance for the healing of the cold sores in addition to beginning the emotional process of dealing with all that has happened.

God is good though. So good. Nothing escapes His eye. I´m so glad that He is with me....

So grateful for many things....Ruben´s patience and tenderness, Aaron´s sweet, persevering spirit, the now-unfolding yellow tulips I bought the morning before we found out that Rebeca Grace had passed away, yummy food made with love and then hand-delivered with hugs and prayers, kind messages from friends around the world, a hot shower and clean clothes to wrap up in, sunshiny days to help cut through the winter cold.

So, I´ll wait for the Healer to heal body and heart, and for the Creator to re-create in me health and hope. May the waiting begin. If you want to join in the process, I just posted some new prayer requests on the "Current Prayer Requests" tab above. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment