Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Loving Me For Me

Lately when I listen to music, I think of it in light of this baby growing in my womb. I don´t really know her yet. I know her because of the HORRIBLE nausea and/or vomitting I´ve experienced almost every day since September. I know her through blurry ultrasounds. I know her through glimpses of her heart beat during a medical exam (woau, woau, woau, woau). I know her in light of her list of birth defects, which seems to grow every time we visit the doctor´s office. I know her because of her little wiggles from inside.

While I might not ever really get to see her personality develop here on earth, might not ever get to hear her voice or see the true color of her eyes, my love for her is growing--not for anything she has done or could ever become. I love her because she was GIVEN to us. Therefore, I choose to know her for as long as possible, even if that´s only during these months of gestation. And the love? Well, I imagine that the love will go on long after.....

The following is a song by J.J. Heller (subtitled in Spanish) that talks about a pure, unending love that loves "in spite of me" rather than "because of me." 

Thank you, Lord, for Your unearned, inexplicable love for us. Teach us to love others as you do.


No comments:

Post a Comment