Sunday, January 15, 2012

Somebody´s Been Praying For Me

A couple weekends out of the month Ruben works 2 days of 12-hour shifts. These make for VERY LONG DAYS.

So yesterday one of these shifts was on the schedule. Yuk! It was one of those days where you have to drag yourself out of bed to greet the day. I was soooo tired and felt like there was a cloud of general depression hanging overhead. Needless to say, it was a "pajamas-all-day-long" kind of day. Aaron loved it because he got to play all day long with his cars, building forts from sheets and creating highways from DVD covers. (So glad my Gilmore Girls series has been put to good use.)

By the end of the day I was stir-crazy and determined to have a more joyful and more productive day tomorrow. And I did. Filing, sweeping, organizing, laundry, blogging, emails, cooking, dishwashing....are among my list of accomplishments.

However, the highlight to my day was a walk to the park with Aaron. Even though we have to battle the winter cold, it´s so great to get out of the house! We got to ride the children´s train (open only on Sundays) and we even saw there a friend of his from school. Later we spent a good hour at one of the playgrounds where Aaron moved his cars around for what surely equals 100 miles!

Throughout the afternoon, via internet I listened to klove, a Christian radio station from the U.S. I could really tell what a difference it makes to continually renew one´s mind with the perspective of eternity and the character of God. The dj´s share news stories and personal anecdotes from listeners. It was a good reminder that life is hard, not only for me, but for lots of people....and also that God´s love for me is immeasurable and His strength and His commitment will carry me and my family through the months ahead.

So, the day ended with order in the house, hope in my heart and joy in my soul. What a difference one day can make....and the prayers of many, carrying me through from one day to the next. Thanks for praying!


No comments:

Post a Comment